Mario Super Collection is a compilation of some of Mario's major platforming adventures that was released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2002. It contains all of the major platformer entries in the series up until Super Mario Sunshine, which is included as a timed demo in the game. It was succeeded in 2005 by Mario Gems Collection.
List of GamesEdit
- Super Mario Bros. (NES, 1985)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES, 1986)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, 1988)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, 1990)
- Super Mario World (SNES, 1991)
- Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
- Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube, 2002) (timed demo)
- The timed demo of Super Mario Sunshine included in this collection is a port of the demo featured in the July 2002 Japanese GameCube Demo Disc and 7th GameCube Kiosk Demo Disc, albeit with a time limit of 20 minutes. The demo ends once the time limit reaches 20 minutes, or Mario completes an episode.
- The port of Super Mario 64 is a port of the Super Mario 64: Shindo Pack Taio Version edition which was released in Japan in 1997, and as such retains all changes featured in that version, albeit with the original English text.
- This is the first of many Mario compilation games on the GameCube, with others including the aforementioned Mario Gems Collection, Mario Fun Game Pak, and the first installments of the Mario Sports Compilations and Mario Party Compilations series.