Mario Sports Compilations: Nintendo GameCube is the second installment of the Mario Sports Compilations series. It was released for the Wii in 2009 and focuses on the Mario sports titles that were released for the Nintendo GameCube. It utilizes the GameCube controller for all games.
List of GamesEdit
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (2003)
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (2003)
- Mario Power Tennis (2004)
- Mario SuperStar Baseball (2005)
- Super Mario Strikers (2005)
- The port of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour makes Neil and Ella and their alternate costumes available by default despite the Wii being compatible with the Nintendo GameCube-Game Boy Advance Cable Link, possibly for the sake of convenience. It also adds the Special Tournament mode to the main menu by default so the player no longer has to enter the button code to unlock it.
- In the port of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, the Nintendo logo on Diddy Kong's cap is changed from red letters on a white background to white letters on a red background, similar to his model in Mario Kart Wii. The LAN mode is also removed due to the excessive setup needed to access it. Additionally, the tracks in the game that appeared in Mario Kart Wii retain their changes from said game, with the exception of the Trick Halfpipes in Waluigi Stadium and DK Mountain and the Warp Pipe in Peach Beach being absent.
- The port of Mario Power Tennis is visually identical to the New Play Control! version of the game released on the Wii the same year, but with the control scheme from the original game retained.
- All of the games featured here are included in Mario Fun Game Pak.