Mario Gems Collection is a compilation of some of Mario's more obscure adventures. The game was released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2005 and is the successor to Mario Super Collection.
List of GamesEdit
- Mario Bros. Special (NEC PC-8801, 1984)
- Punch Ball Mario Bros. (NEC PC-8801, 1984)
- Super Mario Bros. Special (NEC PC-8801, 1986)
- All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. (Famicom Disk System, 1986)
- Kaette Kita Mario Bros. (Famicom Disk System, 1988)
- Mario is Missing! (NES, 1993)
- Mario is Missing! (SNES, 1993)
- Mario's Time Machine (NES, 1994)
- Mario's Time Machine (SNES, 1994)
- Mario's Early Years! Fun with Letters (SNES, 1994)
- Mario's Early Years! Fun with Numbers (SNES, 1994)
- Mario's Early Years! Preschool Fun (SNES, 1994)
- The ports of Mario Bros. Special, Punch Ball Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. Special were cited as being particularly difficult to emulate due to the nature of the NEC PC-8801.
- The ports of the Mario's Early Years! titles lack the SNES Mouse compatibility of the original games due to the nature of the GameCube controller.
- This is notably the first time Mario Bros. Special, Punch Ball Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. Special, All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros., and Kaette Kita Mario Bros. were released outside of Japan.
- Mario and Wario, UNDAKE30 Same Game Daisakusen Mario Version, Wrecking Crew '98, and Yoshi no Cookie: Kuruppon Oven de Cookie were all intended to be included as part of the collection, but were ultimately scrapped because of time constraints. To compensate, artwork featuring these four games can be unlocked in the game's Gallery, along with timed demos of the games included in Mario Super Collection (except for Super Mario Sunshine) which start the player off on the final boss.