Mario's Winter Tour is a game that was released for the Wii U in January 2015. It is a successor to Mario's Xtreme Sports and was developed by Radical Entertainment. The game involves Mario and friends in a world tour of very popular winter sports spots.
The game functions very similarly to SSX on Tour, in that the player goes down the mountain in a variety of vehicles. In Mario's Winter Tour, there are 5 vehicles to use: Snowboards, Skis, Toboggans, Skeletons, and Snowmobiles, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Mario (All-around)
- Luigi (All-around)
- Peach (Technical)
- Daisy (Technical)
- Yoshi (Speed)
- Birdo (Technical)
- Wario (Power)
- Waluigi (All-around)
- Donkey Kong (Power)
- Diddy Kong (Speed)
- Bowser (Power)
- Bowser Jr. (Speed)
- Toad (All-around)
- Toadette (Speed)
There are 7 levels in the game, each taking place on a different continent.
- Rocky Mountain Pass (Rocky Mountains, United States)
- Niseko Slopes (Niseko, Japan)
- Alpine Cross (German Alps, Germany)
- Kilimanjaro Tour (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)
- Andes Range (Andes Mountains, Peru)
- New Zealand Shred (Mount Harris, New Zealand)
- Antarctic Peak (Antarctica)
- The Snowmobiles in this game are sponsored by Lynx.